Design Basics (non technical) - Section 1 (of 6)
In this section:
- DES 1.1 - Be consistent throughout
- DES 1.2 - Enhance clarity with good design
- DES 1.3 - Do not convey information with colour alone
- DES 1.4 - Create contrast between foreground and background
- DES 1.5 - Avoid using flashing, flicker and unnecessary animation
- DES 1.6 - Use multimedia with care
- DES 1.7 - Create flexible width design if possible and appropriate
- DES 1.8 - Avoid frames and pop-up windows, and be careful with image maps
Do not be afraid to exercise your creative abilities - just keep this guidance in mind to avoid excluding (or possibly damaging!) anyone.
Many (if not most) of the design principles will not be new to you.