Web Accessibility Webinar Series- An Introduction to the EU Web Accessibility Directive
The EU Web Accessibility Directive was signed into Irish law on 23 September 2020 and requires that public bodies ensure their websites and mobile apps comply with internationally recognised accessibility standards.
Web and mobile app accessibility is essential for persons with disabilities to able to participate fully in society. It is a key component of a Universally Designed service and brings huge improvements to public services for everyone regardless of their age, size, ability or disability.
The Irish Computer Society in partnership with the National Disability Authority is holding a series of free online information seminars and training webinars on the Directive during September to December 2021. The series is relevant to public bodies, industry and disabled persons organisations.
Each information seminar is following by a more in-depth training webinar on the same topic.
The first introductory seminar of the series provides an overview of the Directive, the obligations it places on public bodies and the standards public websites and mobile apps must comply with and the monitoring function of the National Disability Authority. Speakers will include Dónal Rice from the National Disability Authority, Daniel Montalvo from the W3C and Carine Marzin from the European Disability Forum (EDF).
Date: 29 September 2021 (Wed)
Time: Begins at 12:00pm and ends at 1:00pm
Venue: Live Online
For more information, please go to the ICS website at https://www.ics.ie/events/information-seminar-an-introduction-to-the-eu-web-accessibility-directive-2152
Other events in the series:
- An Introduction to the EU Web Accessibility Directive (Information seminar. 60 minutes)
- Introduction to Accessibility (Training webinar with AbilityNet. 90 minutes)
- The EU Web Accessibility Directive– reviewing your website compliance (Information seminar. 60 minutes)
- Understanding Accessibility Evaluations and Testing Results (Training webinar with AbilityNet. 90 minutes)
- The EU Web Accessibility Directive – creating accessible digital content (Information seminar. 60 minutes)
- Accessibility for Copywriters (Training webinar with AbilityNet. 90 minutes)
The National Disability Authority is the national monitoring body for the EU Web Accessibility Directive under Irish regulations.